This elegant recipe for asparagus with Parmesan breadcrumb sauce features a dreamy creamy drizzle of cream. A perfect Easter side dish!
- 1 slice bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Tear the bread slice into a few pieces, pop it in your food processor and whirl it up until it is in crumbs.
- Place butter in a small pan and melt over medium high heat. Add the breadcrumbs and a pinch each of salt and pepper and stir until golden. Scoop out and stir in the parsley. Set aside.
- Bring a large skillet of water to a simmer, add a generous pinch of salt and cook the asparagus until just tender, about 3-5 minutes for thin spears and 5-7 minutes for thick spears. Drain and place on a platter.
- Put the cream in a small pot over medium high heat and bring to a simmer. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Drizzle the cheese sauce over the asparagus, sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the cheese and serve!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!