This speedy recipe for margarita shrimp is a zingy tropical seafood supper that goes perfectly with rice, salad…and a margarita, of course!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- 4 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup tequila
- Juice and zest from one lime
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Lime wedges for serving
- Pour the oil into a skillet and turn heat to medium high. Add the shrimp and most of the scallions (save some back for garnish) and cook until shrimp is just done, about 3-5 minutes depending on the size of your shrimpies. Scoop out and put in a bowl.
- Pour the tequila and lime juice into the bowl with the shrimp and toss. Season to your liking with salt and toss again.
- Divide among plates, garnish with lime zest and the rest of the scallions, drizzle with honey and serve!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!