Trade the chips for Tots with this easy recipe for cheesy Tater Tot nachos! Spicy beef, creamy cheese and your choice of toppings.
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco spice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound Tater Tots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup cubed Velveeta
- Your choice of toppings: sour cream, chopped tomato, chopped scallions, salsa, guacamole, chili powder, etc
- Line a rimmed baking pan with foil or parchment and place the frozen Tater Tots in a single layer. Bake the Tots in the oven according to package directions until they are nice and crispy.
- While the Tots are baking, cook the beef in a large skillet over medium high heat until browned. Add the taco spices, tomato paste and ¼ cup water and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Now comes the cheese sauce! Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour until well combined. Whisk in half and half and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in Velveeta and keep stirring until it is melted and smooth.
- Now we assemble!Either leave the Tots in their baking pan or divide them among plates. Ladle beef on top, followed by a generous amount of cheese sauce. Garnish with your choice of toppings and dig in!