This easy recipe for toasted coconut shrimp pasta is a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, and a whole lot of delicious. Perfect for a dinner party!
- 8 ounces linguine
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Juice and zest from 2 limes
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Put the flaked coconut in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir until the coconut flakes are starting to turn brown (watch them carefully!) and then pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the coconut milk, red pepper and lime juice to the skillet over medium high heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until shrimp are just done, about another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in half the scallions, then add the pasta and toss until thoroughly coated with the sauce.
- Divide among plates, garnish with lime zest, toasted coconut and the rest of the scallions and serve.