This super easy recipe for saucepan brownies uses just one pot and one pan for a perfect version of everyone’s favorite chocolate dessert!
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped into small bits
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional but so good!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper or nonstick foil.Let some of the paper or foil extend over two sides of the pan (this will make it easier to get the brownies out when they are done!)
- Put the butter in a medium sized saucepan and melt it over medium heat. When the butter is melted, take the pan off the burner, add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the saucepan and stir. Now stir in the eggs, then the flour, then the nuts.
- Transfer the batter from the saucepan to the baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool completely (I know! So hard!) and then use the edges of the parchment or foil to lift out of the pan. Cut into squares and enjoy!