Give your supper a little spice with this easy recipe for nacho cheeseburgers. Juicy burgers and melty cheese with a little zing!
- 1 pound ground beef chuck steak
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup salsa (your choice of heat!)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 hamburger rolls
- Season the ground chick with a little salt and pepper.
- Gently form them into 4 piles that are held together ever so loosely. Not patties, just round piles.
- Heat a cast iron pan or a griddle to medium high, and add butter. When the butter is melted, increase the heat to high and add the piles. Using a spatula, press down on them until they are spread about 1/2 inch thick. Cook them for two minutes on the first side WITHOUT moving them.
- Flip them over carefully. Cook one more minute and then lay them on a plate to rest.
- Microwave the Velveeta until it is melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in salsa and chili powder.
- Place one burger on the bottom of each hamburger roll and spoon on a generous amount of sauce. Cover with burger roll top.
- Repeat with remaining burgers, pass the napkins and dig in!
If you REALLY want to walk on the wild side nacho cheeseburger-wise, you can put two burgers on a roll, with a little extra sauce in between the burgers. The Southern husband had his this way, and it was totally worth the extra time on the treadmill!