This quick and easy recipe for pan seared red snapper with lemon butter sauce uses just a few ingredients to let the seafood flavors shine through!
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Zest and juice from two lemons
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 16 chunks
- 4 four to six ounce red snapper filets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the bread crumbs and a pinch of salt and stir until crumbs are golden. Scoop out and set aside.
- Heat 2 more tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add capers and stir until they are a little crispy. Whisk in lemon juice and then butter, stirring until butter is melted. Pour sauce into a measuring cup and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet and turn heat up to high. Season the snapper filets with salt and pepper and place in skillet skin side down. Sear for 5 minutes on the skin side, then carefully flip over and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Place cooked snapper filets on warmed plates, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with the bread crumbs, lemon zest and chopped parsley and serve at once.