This easy recipe for one pan chicken parmesan has this family favorite supper cooking up in one skillet for a delicious dinner with easy clean-up!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pieces bread
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to about ½ inch thickness
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Put olive oil in a heavy large skillet (cast iron if you’ve got one!) and heat over medium high heat.
- While oil is heating, whirl the bread in your food processor until they are crumbs.Add to skillet with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir until crispy. Scoop out and set aside.
- Pour the wine and tomatoes into the skillet, add a pinch of salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over, scatter on the mozzarella cheese and cover. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Mix the parmesan cheese and oregano into the breadcrumbs.
- Put a piece of the chicken parm on each plate along with a generous amount of sauce.Sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture and serve!
Obviously this is amazing over pasta or polenta, but it’s also scrumptious with a simple green salad on the side as well!