This easy recipe for Instant Pot tomato macaroni and cheese cooks up this favorite supper in your pressure cooker, and adds some tomato flavor to the mix!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cavatappi or any other short pasta
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato puree
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Put the macaroni, broth, tomato puree and milk into your Instant Pot and stir until well mixed. Lock the lid into place and close the pressure valve.
- Press the Manual button and set the Instant Pot to cook for 7 minutes on High Pressure.
- When the 7 minutes are up, do a Quick Release until the pressure is released. Unlock the lid and stir in the cheese, cream and butter until the cheese is melted. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Let the mac and cheese sit for about 5 minutes before serving (this will let the flavors deepen and the consistency come together) and then dish it up!