This recipe comes to you courtesy of the fact that not only are we deep into the building of our Carolina Dream House, but we are now at the point where we are getting ready to put our beloved New Jersey house on the market.
And if you want to skip down to the recipe for this all kinds of comforting Instant Pot Pasta Bolognese I will completely understand, but otherwise I need to tell you about STAGING.
Staging is the process of making your current house picture perfect for the potential new family that will be taking a peek when the house goes on sale.
And the way that you do that is by tidying up the various piles of stuff that has accumulated over the past 100 years (okay, 20).
Including everything from that obsolete office chair floating around your basement to the ten year old Post-It that is stuck to your computer.
Staging is all about having nice clean surfaces, so my knife block is in my oven, and my twelve million pictures of the Southern daughter’s wedding have been tucked away.
Staging means no wastebaskets, no bathmats, no dishtowels, no alarm clocks and no iPhone chargers. My house is all kinds of NEAT, and every 15 minutes one of us shouts “Honey, where did we put the (fill in the blank) again?”
So all of that calls for easy, super comforting comfort food, and this Instant Pot recipe for pasta with a hearty bolognese sauce is just the ticket.
Here’s how you make Instant Pot Bolognese!
Start by cooking up some ground beef along with a little garlic and onion by using the Sauté button on your Instant Pot.
Now add in some red wine and chicken broth, and then some tomatoes and some pasta. Yep, the pasta cooks right along with the sauce, which is not only all kinds of handy, but the pasta absorbs the sauce flavor and YUM.
Lock the lid on, close the vent and cook everything up on High Pressure for 5 minutes. Do a quick release and there you have it – Instant Pot Pasta Bolognese!
Now if I could only find my favorite pasta dish to put it in.
And my serving spoons.
And my placemats. Send calming thoughts! :)
Want to round out your meal? This recipe pairs well with...
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces short pasta (penne, campanelle, etc)
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes with their juices
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the beef and cook, breaking it up and stirring, until it is browned.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir for another minute.
- Add the red wine and stir. Add the salt and chicken broth and stir again.
- Add the pasta and the tomatoes and give everything one more good stir, making sure the pasta is submerged in the sauce.
- Put on the lid and lock it. Make sure the vent is sealed. Push the Manual button and select 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle is done, do a quick release and when the pressure is released, check the pasta. If it isn’t done to your liking, press Sauté and let it cook for another couple of minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve, garnished with parmesan cheese and parsley.
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. And if you make this recipe, I would love you to tag @FramedCooks on Instagram so I can see the deliciousness!