- 4 thick-cut bacon slices cut into cubes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, melted
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- Press Sauté button and cook bacon pieces in Instant Pot® until crisp. Press Cancel button.
- Drain bacon fat and place cooked bacon in between two paper towels. Set aside.
- Pour in broth and deglaze pot.
- Place whole potatoes, salt, and pepper into Instant Pot®. Close lid and set pressure release to Sealing.
- Press Soup button and adjust time to 10 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, quick release pressure, turn off Instant Pot®, and then unlock lid and remove it.
- Using an immersion blender or potato masher, blend up potatoes and broth until only a few chunks are left.
- Turn Instant Pot® back on and press Sauté button. Whisk in cream cheese and half-and-half. Let cook an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in half of the cooked bacon.
- Serve topped with cheese, green onions, and remaining bacon.