This easy recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Soup cooked up in the Instant Pot is a hearty and flavorful meal-sized soup full of potatoes, bacon and cheese! Perfect for a winter’s night soup supper.
Okay, now that Christmas is behind us and all the presents are unwrapped and oohed and aaahed over, I can tell you about one of my favorite gifties for my sweet daughter.
She is the proud owner of an Instant Pot (maybe you got one over the holidays?) and she loves it, and while I have done my darnedest to keep writing Instant Pot recipes that we can both make, the nice folks at Simon & Schuster sent me this lovely cookbook…
…which is not only full of delectable Instant Pot recipes, they are also affordable! What could be more perfect for my newlywed daughter and her sweet husband?
We’re talking bacon. We’re talking cream cheese and cheddar cheese. We’re talking creamy, dreamy deliciousness in two shakes of an Instant Pot.
I started to consider keeping this cookbook all for myself, but I selflessly wrapped it up and popped it under the tree, where it was soon unwrapped with much happiness.Print
- 4 thick-cut bacon slices cut into cubes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, melted
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- Press Sauté button and cook bacon pieces in Instant Pot® until crisp. Press Cancel button.
- Drain bacon fat and place cooked bacon in between two paper towels. Set aside.
- Pour in broth and deglaze pot.
- Place whole potatoes, salt, and pepper into Instant Pot®. Close lid and set pressure release to Sealing.
- Press Soup button and adjust time to 10 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, quick release pressure, turn off Instant Pot®, and then unlock lid and remove it.
- Using an immersion blender or potato masher, blend up potatoes and broth until only a few chunks are left.
- Turn Instant Pot® back on and press Sauté button. Whisk in cream cheese and half-and-half. Let cook an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in half of the cooked bacon.
- Serve topped with cheese, green onions, and remaining bacon.
Excerpted from The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Affordable Meals Recipe Book by Aileen Clark. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.