Make everyone’s favorite pasta supper with a fraction of the work with this recipe for Easy Instant Pot Lasagna, and get ready to dish out seconds!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 8 ounces dry lasagna noodles, broken into roughly bite sized pieces (see note)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Press the Sauté button on your Instant Pot and let it warm up for a minute or two. Add the ground beef and stir, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon, until browned.
- Add the oregano, garlic, tomato paste, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, broth and wine and stir, scraping the bottom of the pot to get all the delicious cooked bits off.
- Stir in the broken up noodles, put the lid on and lock it and close the vent.
- Press the Manual button and set the time for 7 minutes. When the time is up, carefully open the vent to do a quick release until the pressure is completely released.
- Open the lid and stir half the cheese into the pasta mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top and put the lid back on. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to give the cheese a chance to melt and then serve it up with a little fresh basil scattered on top!
- The easiest (and neatest) way to break the dried noodles is to pop them in a zippered plastic bag, place the bag on a folded dishtowel on the counter and then whack them gently with a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin. You are going for roughly 2 inch pieces.
- Yearning for some ricotta cheese in your lasagna? Just have about a cup of room temperature ricotta ready, and then add a few dollops to everyone’s serving once you have dished it out.