Add some bacon and eggs to this breakfast favorite with this light and easy recipe for bacon and egg avocado toast and start the day off right!
- 2 strips of bacon, chopped roughly into ½ inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bread or a split English muffin
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- Pinch of salt
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Mash the avocado with salt and lemon juice – a fork or potato masher works great for this.Set aside.
- Toast the bread or English muffin lightly so it is all ready when you are ready to assemble things.
- Put bacon in a skillet over medium high heat and cook until done to your liking. Scoop out the bacon and drain on paper towels, leaving the drippings in the pan.
- Fry the eggs in the bacon drippings until they are done to your liking. Either sunny side up or over easy works fine!
- Assembly time!Spread the avocado mixture on the toast, sprinkle with bacon and top with the fried egg.
- Grind on some fresh pepper, sprinkle with parsley and serve!