This quick and easy recipe for chicken with lemon butter sauce is equally perfect as for a dinner party or a weeknight supper. Bursting with bright buttery lemon flavor!
I’m guessing that right about now (if you are like me) your calendar and your to-do lists are bursting with holiday dates and errands, and as it happens the people you live with still want supper on those nights where there aren’t parties.
And on those nights where there ARE parties, some of them are at your house and you need to have a festive dinner party recipe on hand.
Welcome to this recipe for chicken with lemon butter sauce, which is the answer to both of these issues! It’s ready in less than 30 minutes, and it is dinner party-worthy. YES!
Here’s How You Make Chicken With Lemon Butter Sauce!
You start out with some good old plain boneless chicken breasts – pound them up until they are about a half inch thick. Now dunk them in flour, then beaten egg, then breadcrumbs (make those breadcrumbs by whirling a slice or two of bread in your food processor. Instant fresh breadcrumbs!).
Now cook them for about 4 minutes per side in some olive oil – they are going to get crispy and deep golden brown. Take them out and let them rest while you make the sauce. You are 75% there!
Pop some butter into that same skillet (did I mention there is only one skillet to clean up?) and when it is nice and melted and mingled with the pan drippings, whisk in some fresh lemon juice.
Pour that delectable sauce into a heat-proof pitcher, put each chicken breast on a plate, and drizzle it liberally with the sauce. Sprinkle your glorious chicken dinner with parsley and serve it up, passing around that pitcher in case anyone wants extra sauce (they will!).
When we are being virtuous we like to have this chicken on a bed of baby spinach, but you can also serve it over pasta or rice or polenta.
How’s THAT for a winner, winner, chicken dinner? Happiness!
Want to round out your meal? This recipe pairs well with...
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- Juice from one lemon
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Dip the chicken first into the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs, pressing them slightly so they stick. Gently lay them into the hot oil and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet. When it is melted, add the lemon juice and cook for another minute. Pour the butter sauce into a heat-proof measuring cup.
- Put one piece of chicken on each plate, drizzle with the butter sauce and serve.
We like to serve this dish over baby spinach, which adds a green veggie and soaks up the lemony sauce!