- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 slices bacon, chopped into bite sized pieces
- Place all ingredients except for flour and bacon in your slow cooker and give them a stir.
- Add 1/4 cup of the flour and stir again. Press Low, set the slow cooker for 8 hours, put the lid on and let it cook away.
- After 8 hours, stir in the remaining flour, raise the heat to high and let it cook while you make the bacon.
- Cook the bacon until it is crispy and then drain on paper towels.
- Ladle the soup into warmed bowls, garnish with bacon and serve!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!