This simple recipe for salt and vinegar roasted potatoes adds the zingy taste of malt vinegar to tender roasted baby potatoes for a delectable side dish!
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- Fill a pot with water, add the potatoes, and bring them to a boil. Turn dow the heat and simmer the potatoes until they are just tender, about 20 minutes (you can test them by poking one with a knife – it should slide in easily).
- Preheat your oven to 450 and line a rimmed baking dish with non-stick foil or a silicone mat. Place the potatoes in a single layer and gently smoosh each potato with a potato masher or a large fork so that it flattens out – be careful to keep them in one piece though. Brush them with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Bake them up until they are a little browned and starting to get crispy, about 35 minutes.
- When they are done, drizzle them with the vinegar, put them in a serving dish or on individual plates, garnish with parsley and serve!