Oatmeal isn’t just for breakfast anymore, it also makes a fabulous healthy dinner! Try some savory oatmeal with soft-cooked egg and cheddar.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- Bring 1 cup water to boil in small saucepan. Add oats and pinch of salt and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup cheddar and stir.
- Meanwhile, soft-cook the egg in whatever way you like best. Soft-boiled, poached or over easy will all work, so long as the egg yolk is still a little liquid and creamy.
- Ladle oatmeal into bowl. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and top with cooked egg. Scatter scallions on top and eat at once.