Oatmeal isn’t just for breakfast anymore, it also makes a fabulous healthy dinner! Try some savory oatmeal with soft-cooked egg and cheddar.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- Bring 1 cup water to boil in small saucepan. Add oats and pinch of salt and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup cheddar and stir.
- Meanwhile, soft-cook the egg in whatever way you like best. Soft-boiled, poached or over easy will all work, so long as the egg yolk is still a little liquid and creamy.
- Ladle oatmeal into bowl. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and top with cooked egg. Scatter scallions on top and eat at once.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!