This luxurious recipe for bacon crab pasta combines sweet tender crab with bacon in a delectable white wine cream sauce. The perfect dinner party choice!
- 12 ounces spaghetti or linguine
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound jumbo lump cooked crabmeat
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus extra for garnish (see note)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions in heavily salted water. Scoop out a cup of pasta water before you drain it.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium high heat until done to your liking. Scoop out and drain on paper towels, leaving those magical drippings in the pan.
- Pour the wine into the skillet and stir over medium heat for about 3 minutes, scraping up any delectable bacon pieces stuck on the bottom of the pan. Pour in the cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cream sauce and toss. Add the cooked bacon, the crab, basil, lemon juice and toss again. Drizzle in the pasta water if you need to loosen up the sauce at all, and keep gently tossing until the crab is warmed through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide among warmed plates and start twirling up that pasta deliciousness!
If fresh basil is out of season or you can’t find it in the supermarket (sob!) you can sub in fresh parsley which you can find pretty much all year round!