This easy recipe for tomato mozzarella polenta adds sweet simmered tomatoes and cubed mozzarella cheese to creamy polenta for the perfect side dish or comfort food supper. Flavorful and delicious!
- 7 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups coarse cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cubed fresh mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Bring water to boil, stir in salt and baking soda. Slowly pour in cornmeal in steady stream, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover.
- After 5 minutes, whisk polenta to smooth out lumps, cover and cook without stirring until polenta is tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and Parmesan, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, make sauce by heating oil and pepper flakes in skillet over medium high heat for one minute. Stir in tomatoes and cook until they soften, about 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Season to taste and remove from heat.
- Spoon tomato mixture with any accumulated juices over polenta, top with mozzarella and sprinkle with oregano before serving.