This easy recipe for lobster bacon wraps uses a fresh lettuce leaf to hold a buttery mixture of lobster, bacon and tomato for the ultimate lunch.
- 2 slices bacon, each one cut in half
- 1 lobster tail, removed from shell
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Chopped fresh oregano or basil
- 1 very nice tomato, sliced
- 2 romaine or butter lettuce leaves
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels, reserving bacon drippings in the pan.
- Cook the lobster tail in the bacon drippings until cooked through, about 5 minutes, turning from time to time. (If you need more oil than the bacon provides, add a tablespoon or two of olive oil.) Remove and cool for a few minutes, then tear into bite sized pieces.
- Toss the lobster with the cooked bacon, melted butter, lemon juice, herbs and a pinch of pepper.
- Line the lettuce leaves with sliced tomato, fill with the lobster mixture and serve!
If you want, you can also serve this in warmed tortillas instead of lettuce leaves. You be you, wrap-wise!