This easy recipe for lobster bacon wraps uses a fresh lettuce leaf to hold a buttery mixture of lobster, bacon and tomato for the ultimate lunch sandwich. You might say this is the ultimate in BLT flavor!
Oh, these wraps! They have pretty much every single one of my favorite things in them, with the possible exception of a poached egg, and now that I think about it, there is absolutely no reason why I can’t top them with a poached egg the next time I make them.
That would definitely be a little messy, which is a good time to tell you that these delectable lobster bacon wraps are already a little messy due to the juicy tomato and sweet lobster that are tucked inside some crispy crunchy lettuce leaves.
So while I highly recommend starting out by picking them up, you’ll want to have a fork handy to get every delectable bite.
Here’s how you make lobster bacon wraps!
You start with bacon! Cut up some bacon strips into bite sized pieces, cook them up and scoop them out to drain on paper towels, leaving those magical bacon drippings in the pan.
And next comes the lobster. I’ve done this two ways – the first is by getting a lobster tail, shelling it and cutting up the meat.
The second way is by using pre-cooked lobster meat, and my favorite version of that is the frozen Cozy Harbor of Maine brand, which comes in 7 ounce containers…the perfect amount of lobster for this recipe. My local Wegman’s carries this, and it makes this super easy recipe even easier!
This easy recipe for lobster bacon wraps uses a fresh lettuce leaf to hold a buttery mixture of lobster, bacon and tomato for the ultimate lunch sandwich!Whatever lobster you end up with, saute it in those bacon drippings until it is cooked through (if you are using raw lobster meat) or warmed through (if you are using pre-cooked).
Now toss the lobster and any drippings with the cooked bacon, some melted butter (gotta have melted butter with lobster!), some lemon juice and whatever fresh herbs catch your fancy. I had some lovely oregano from my mama’s garden, so I used that.
Tuck this heavenly conglomeration along with some sliced tomato into romaine or butter lettuce leaves and serve them up. If you are the Southern husband, 5 minutes later your plate will look like this.
What can I say, we are still working on mindful eating around here. The dog has the same issue.
Happy lobster bacon wraps! :)Print
This easy recipe for lobster bacon wraps uses a fresh lettuce leaf to hold a buttery mixture of lobster, bacon and tomato for the ultimate lunch.
- 2 slices bacon, each one cut in half
- 1 lobster tail, removed from shell
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Chopped fresh oregano or basil
- 1 very nice tomato, sliced
- 2 romaine or butter lettuce leaves
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels, reserving bacon drippings in the pan.
- Cook the lobster tail in the bacon drippings until cooked through, about 5 minutes, turning from time to time. (If you need more oil than the bacon provides, add a tablespoon or two of olive oil.) Remove and cool for a few minutes, then tear into bite sized pieces.
- Toss the lobster with the cooked bacon, melted butter, lemon juice, herbs and a pinch of pepper.
- Line the lettuce leaves with sliced tomato, fill with the lobster mixture and serve!
If you want, you can also serve this in warmed tortillas instead of lettuce leaves. You be you, wrap-wise!
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. And if you make this recipe, I would love you to tag @FramedCooks on Instagram so I can see the deliciousness!