This easy recipe for grilled bacon potato packages cooks up tender baby potatoes in foil packets on your grill. Bacon, sour cream and chives round out this delicious side dish, and there’s practically no clean-up!
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Cut bacon into bite-sized pieces and cook in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat until done to your liking. Scoop out and drain on paper towels.
- Cut four 10 inch squares of heavy duty foil (or eight squares of regular foil and double them up). Divide the potatoes among the 4 foil squares. Dot with the butter, drizzle on any bacon drippings left in the pan and sprinkle on the pepper.
- Seal the packages by bringing the sides up and together, folding them over securely.
- Grill over medium high heat for 20 minutes, then remove from the heat and let them sit for another 10 minutes or so.
- Open the packages and divide the potatoes among plates or put in a serving bowl. Garnish with the cooked bacon, chives and sour cream and serve!