This fun and easy recipe for bacon egg and cheese muffins turns everyone’s favorite breakfast sandwich into muffin form. Both kid-friendly and perfect for your brunch crowd!
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 slices of bread
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° and spray a 6 serving muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place the bacon on a foil-lined, rimmed baking dish and bake until partially cooked but not crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cut out rounds of bread from the center of each bread slice, using a round cookie cutter or the top of a glass. Press the bread rounds into the muffin wells.
- Curl a piece of bacon around the edge of each piece of bread, sticking it between the bread and the muffin tin to help keep it in place.
- Divide the shredded cheese between the 6 muffin cups right on top of the bread.
- One at a time, crack an egg into a small bowl or measuring cup, removing about half of the white, and dropping the remaining white and yolk over each piece of bread, being careful not to break the yolks. (And if your muffin cups hold all the egg whites go ahead and add them – it depends on the size of your eggs!)
- Once all the bread pieces have been topped with eggs, bake until eggs are cooked through to your liking (about 8-12 minutes depending on how runny or firm you like your eggs) and bacon is crispy.
- Run a knife around the edge of each muffin well and pop the muffins out. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.