This simple recipe for a rustic tomato goat cheese salad uses sweet heirloom tomatoes, creamy goat cheese, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a scattering of fresh basil for the perfect summer side dish.
- 4 large tomatoes, ideally heirlooms!
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Cut the stem out of the tomato with a paring knife and slice the tomato into nice big slices. Lay the tomato slices on a platter or on individual plates.
- Scatter torn bits of the goat cheese over the tomatoes. Drizzle with a few drops of vinegar (not too much as you don’t want to overwhelm the magical tomato taste) and a little olive oil.
- Grind some fresh pepper on top, sprinkle on some little basil leaves and serve!