This easy recipe for crispy chimichurri potato salad swaps out the mayo for a tangy, spicy herb dressing and crisps up the potatoes for a jazzy new take on this favorite veggie side dish.
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- Scrub potatoes – no need to peel them – and put them in a pot of water. Bring water to a boil and cook them until they are tender and a paring knife slides in easily, about 15 minutes. Drain them and put them in a bowl of ice water to cool down a bit while you make the chimichurri sauce.
- Put the parsley, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until well chopped. Pour 1/2 cup of the olive oil into the feeding tube in a steady stream while the processor is running until you have a nice thick sauce.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, dry them off with a paper or dish towel and slice them into 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the potato slices and fry until crispy on both sides (you will need to do this in batches. As you take them out, let them drain on paper towels.
- Put the fried potatoes in a bowl or divide among plates, spoon some chimichurri sauce on top and serve!
If you have any leftover chimichurri sauce, it is AMAZING on sliced steak!