This simple recipe for corn and beet salad with ricotta pairs two favorite summer vegetables with a bed of creamy ricotta for a perfect summer side dish.
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 4 beets, cooked, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- Fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Cut kernels from corn. We like them raw, but if you want them cooked, dunk them for a few minutes in simmering water and drain well.
- Spread ricotta over the bottom of a serving dish, or divide among individual dishes. Scatter corn and beets on top.
- Drizzle salad with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and scatter fresh thyme on top. Serve at once.