This easy recipe for Penne di Parma includes a creamy sauce flavored with bacon, garlic and Parmesan cheese for a quick pasta supper that is fancy enough for a dinner party and speedy enough to make on a busy weeknight.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions in heavily salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon pieces in a large deep skillet over medium high heat until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels, leaving drippings in the pan.
- Add butter and garlic and sauté for one minute. Reduce heat to medium and add half and half. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta, bacon, Parmesan cheese and parsley and toss.
- Divide among plates and garnish with more cheese and parsley.