This easy recipe for lobster BLT salad takes your favorite sandwich, adds seafood and turns it into a salad! And with just one lobster tail for two people it won’t break the bank.
- 1 raw lobster tail, cut into chunks
- 4 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Put bacon in a medium skillet and cook over medium high heat until done to your liking. Scoop it out and drain on paper towels, leaving drippings in skillet.
- Add lobster meat to the skillet and cook it in the bacon drippings until it is done, stirring frequently, about 5-7 minutes depending on the size of the chunks. Scoop out and set aside.
- Add bread crumbs to the skillet, still over medium high heat, and stir until golden and crispy. Scoop out and set aside.
- Mix the mayo and the Old Bay seasoning together in a large bowl. Add the lobster and toss until coated. Add the lettuce, tomatoes and cooked bacon and toss again.
- Divide among two plates, sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs and serve!
- Lobster is of course spendy, so you can always substitute 1/2 pound of shrimp if you like! (But you are TOTALLY worth the lobster!)
- If you are making this while doing the Whole 30, just make sure your mayo and bacon are compliant! Applegate Farms makes compliant bacon, and you can always make your own mayo!