This recipe for easy jerk chicken is a Caribbean specialty that marinates boneless chicken in a flavorful marinade and then grills it up to spicy perfection.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 one inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- Flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Put olive oil, lime juice, scallions, garlic, thyme, ginger, sugar, allspice, chili powder, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until well combined. The mixture will have some bits and pieces in it – that’s okay!
- Put the chicken in a zippered plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Close the bag, pop it in the fridge and marinate it for at least 5 hours – overnight is even better!
- When you are ready to cook, crank up the grill to high. Discard marinade. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Slice it up, garnish with parsley and enjoy the spicy flavors!