Have a hearty bacon and egg salad for breakfast or breakfast for dinner with this easy and delicious recipe for breakfast salad. Simple to make and scrumptious at any time of day!
- 2 eggs
- 4 strips thick cut bacon, chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Place eggs in a pot of boiling water for 7 minutes, and then pop them into a bowl of ice water. When they are cooled down a bit, peel them and cut them in half (see note).
- While the eggs are cooking and cooling, cook the bacon in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat until done to your liking. Scoop out the bacon and drain on a paper towel, leaving those delectable bacon drippings in the pan.
- Cook the tomato halves in those drippings over medium high heat until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Scoop them out and set aside.
- Combine whatever bacon drippings are left in the pan with the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Put the lettuce in a bowl and toss it with the bacon dressing, saving back a little to drizzle.
- Divide the lettuce among two plates and top with two egg halves, the tomatoes and the bacon. Drizzle the rest of the bacon dressing on the top. Realize that it is possible to eat bacon and eggs for every meal.
- This egg cooking method makes what I call “jammy eggs,” which means the middle is a little bit softer than hard boiled. If you want hard boiled, leave them in for about 10 minutes and then proceed with the ice water bath and the peeling!
- If you are making this salad while you are doing the Whole 30, just make sure you are using compliant bacon (no sugar added)