This easy recipe for salmon burgers uses seafood, spices and some crushed potato chips to create a healthy and delicious burger alternative to ground beef. They are great topped with tartar sauce and on a roll, or pop them on some greens for a salmon burger salad!
- 1 pound boneless salmon filet, skin sliced off
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Slice the salmon into roughly 2-3 inch uniform chunks. Put 3/4 of the salmon in your food processor and process until very finely chopped.
- Add the rest of the salmon to the food processor and pulse it 2 to 3 times until the newly added salmon is cut into small chunks, about the size of peas.
- Transfer the salmon mixture to a bowl and stir in the mustard, scallions, capers, Old Bay and pepper. Gently stir in the crushed potato chips.
- Form the salmon mixture into patties.
- Put the butter and olive oil on to a griddle or into a large skillet over medium high heat. When the butter is melted, place the patties carefully onto the griddle or skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve on hamburger rolls or on a bed of lettuce, with lemon wedges and tartar sauce on the side. Sprinkle crushed potato chips on top.
Any old hamburger rolls will work for this recipe, but the Southern husband ADORES King’s Hawaiian rolls, if you can find ’em. They are slightly sweet, super soft, and all around delicious.