This easy recipe for pasta with walnut anchovy sauce will make an anchovy believer out of you! A fast and flavorful supper with a rich taste.
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces spaghetti or linguine
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Scoop out a cup of pasta water before you drain it.
- Meanwhile, put the walnuts in a skillet over medium high heat until they start to toast. Scoop them out and give them a quick chop, and set aside.
- Add the oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds and then add the anchovies.
- Smoosh the anchovies with twith a fork until they begin to fall apart and melt into the oil. Add the walnuts, stir quickly and take the skillet off the heat.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the pasta water to the pan with the walnuts and anchovies, and turn the heat back up. Add the pasta and toss, and then add the cheese and parsley, adding more pasta water if you think it needs more sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into warm bowls, sprinkle a little more parsley on top and serve!
This is a rich pasta dish, so I usually make about 2 ounces of pasta per person. So if you are super hungry, you might want to increase the quantities a bit!