This easy recipe for pasta with asparagus and goat cheese comes together quickly for a delicious supper full of rich springtime flavor.
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 8 ounces pasta (any kind will work, but we love fettuccine for this one!)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature and cut into pieces.
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions in heavily salted water. Add the chopped asparagus 3 minutes before the pasta is done, and scoop out a cup of the pasta water before you drain everything.
- Return the drained pasta and asparagus to the pot. Add the walnuts, goat cheese, mustard and parsley and drizzle in about 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss with tongs until everything is well mixed and the goat cheese is melty.
- Keep drizzling in the pasta water until you have a nice light sauce, then divide among warmed plates and serve!