This recipe for easy cheesy bacon and egg tacos adds some fun flavor to your breakfast. Sweet cherry tomatoes and avocado round out this dish with some healthy vegetable goodness. And who wouldn’t love tacos for breakfast?
Before I get to the sheer happiness that is having tacos for breakfast, especially tacos that are filled with bacon and eggs and cheese and veggies, I need to stop and say Happy Birthday to my dearest Southern husband, whose birthday is May 1st.
When I asked him what he would like me to cook him up for dinner, he gave me the night off by requesting a little caviar and triple cream cheese and a glass or prosecco, so all I needed to do was toast up some bread and lay it all out.
We decided to eat in the living room, which felt all kinds of fancy and confused the dog.
Now that the important birthday news is out, let’s talk tacos! Because May also means Cinco de Mayo, and all the wonderful eats that go with it…especially tacos!
Here’s How You Make Cheesy Bacon and Egg Tacos!
These tacos start (as so many of my recipes do!) by cooking up some chopped bacon, and then cooking up everything else in those glorious drippings. Cherry tomatoes, and then a mixture of eggs and cheese.
Now warm up some tortillas, top them with the eggs and tender tomatoes, and then scatter on avocados and parsley and a little more cheese.
If you are a spicy person you can even shake on some Tabasco. I am not a spicy person but the Southern husband is, and there you have it. Opposites attract! So whether you have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner, since today is Cinco de Mayo it’s definitely the right day for cheesy bacon and egg tacos!
Want to round out your meal? This recipe pairs well with...
This recipe for easy cheesy bacon and egg tacos adds some fun flavor to your breakfast. Sweet cherry tomatoes and avocado round out this dish with some healthy vegetable goodness.
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 4 corn or flour tortillas, warmed (see note)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Put the bacon in a large skillet and cook until crispy. Remove to paper towels to drain, leaving drippings in the skillet.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet and stir until they are breaking down and tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet and when it is melted, add the eggs and half the cheese.Stir constantly until the eggs are just set.
- Divide the eggs among the tortillas and top with bacon, cooked tomatoes, avocado and more cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley, and if you are feeling adventurous, a little Tabasco sauce!
You can warm your tortillas by wrapping them in foil and putting them in a 300 degree oven, heating them in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or (my favorite way) putting them on your gas stove burners – right on the burner – for about 30 seconds a side over a very low flame. This will not only warm them up but give them a little char!
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. Let’s cook together!