This easy recipe for pasta with creamy spinach hummus sauce takes your favorite dip and transforms it into a rich sauce without a drop of cream. Dinner magic!
- 8 ounces pasta (we like a short pasta like penne or campanelle, but you be you!)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup hummus (see note)
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup grated parmesan, plus extra for garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water. Add the spinach to the pasta during the last minute of cooking. Scoop out a cup of pasta water before you drain it.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add the hummus, lemon juice, butter and cheese. Drizzle in just enough of the reserved pasta water to make a light sauce.
- Divide among plates, garnish with parsley, cheese and a grinding of black pepper and serve!
You can make your own amazing hummus in five minutes with my easy recipe – click here to get it!