This easy recipe for gnocchi with spring vegetables pairs soft, pillowy gnocchi pasta with carrots, peas and leeks for a delicious spring supper.
- One 16 ounce package potato gnocchi
- 1 leek, light green and white sections only, cut in half, rinsed and sliced thinly
- 6 carrots, peeled, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup peas (fresh or thawed frozen peas both work fine)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Chopped fresh thyme for garnish
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- While gnocchi is cooking, simmer carrots in a pot of boiling water for 8 minutes or until tender. Add peas to the carrots and simmer for another 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add leek and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Scoop out and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and gnocchi and sauté about 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning from time to time.
- Add peas, carrots and peels and stir until warmed through. Toss in thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among plates, sprinkle on parmesan and serve.