This easy recipe for breakfast pizza takes your favorite morning bacon and eggs and turns them into your favorite supper treat. It’s a delicious match made in heaven that cooks up right in your handy skillet.
So, who here has stood in front of their fridge in the morning eating a piece of cold pizza left over from the night before? (Raises hand.) And I’m the first one to admit that cold pizza can be delicious. But also delicious is a pizza that you deliberately make with breakfast fixings.
I’m talking crispy bacon. I’m talking sunny-side up eggs. I’m talking about slathering the whole thing with lots of cheese. And I’m talking cooking it all up in your handy-dandy skillet in under 30 minutes, because nobody wants to wait too long for their pizza.
This easy recipe for breakfast pizza takes your favorite morning bacon and eggs and turns them into your favorite supper treat. It's a delicious match made in heaven that cooks up right in your handy skillet.Now, the already-prepared pizza dough that you can pick up in the supermarket will work just fine for this pizza, but if you have some time and are feeling like you want to make your own homemade pizza dough, click here for my go-to recipe. But honestly, either way you are going to end up with fabulous breakfast pizza.
You start by cooking up the bacon until it is nice and crispy. Once that is done, scoop out the bacon, let the skillet cool down a bit, and then press the rolled out pizza dough all the way to the sides and up the edges. Pop it back on the heat until the underside is starting to brown.
Once that happens, it’s time to add the eggs and the cheese and the bacon, transfer it to a super hot oven until the eggs are set and the cheese is all melty.
Sprinkle it with parsley (dried oregano is also great), lift it out and slice it up. Breakfast (or dinner!) never tasted so pizza-riffic!
Want to round out your meal? This recipe pairs well with...
This easy recipe for breakfast pizza takes your favorite morning bacon and eggs and turns them into your favorite supper treat.
- 4 strips bacon, cut into one inch pieces
- I batch pizza dough (see note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cups grated mozzarella
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Fry the bacon in a 10 or 12 inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Cool on a paper-towel-lined plate. Leave the drippings in the skillet and let the skillet cool down a bit.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, and add the oil to the skillet. Spread the oil around with a paper towel until the skillet is coated.
- Shake a little flour onto your rolling surface (I like to use a silicone mat) and roll the dough into a roughly 11 inch circle. Press it into the skillet, pushing the edges up around the side a little.
- Cook the dough over medium high heat on the stove until the bottom is set and starting to brown underneath (lift it up with a spatula and peek!), about 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the dough with the cheeses and the bacon. Crack the eggs onto the pizza and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
- Put the skillet in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the eggs are set.
- Remove skillet from oven and transfer pizza to cutting board (I usually use two spatulas to do this). Sprinkle with parsley. Cut into wedges and serve!
You can use already prepared pizza dough from the supermarket and this pizza will turn out just fine, but if you want to make your own, click here for one of my favorite homemade pizza dough recipes!
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. And if you make this recipe, I would love you to tag @FramedCooks on Instagram so I can see the deliciousness!