This easy recipe for a springtime asparagus goat cheese tart combines these two flavors with an easy crescent roll crust.
- 1 eight ounce tube crescent roll dough
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed (and if it is very thick, stems peeled)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and simmer asparagus in boiling water until they are just starting to get tender (about 3 minutes for thin and 5 minutes for thick, then drain and dry.
- Take dough out of the tube and unroll it onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Press the seams together until you have a rectangle of dough.
- Lay the asparagus in a neat row all along the dough, leaving a little dough open along all four sides. Fold those edges up and over the ends of the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese and fresh ground pepper and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into squares (a pizza cutter works wonderfully for this!)
I love to serve this with a couple of sunny side up eggs on the side for some delicious protein!