This easy recipe for sesame lime rice takes a simple side dish to a whole new level with the zingy flavor of lime zest and a hint of sesame.
- 1 cup long grain rice (we like basmati!)
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Zest and juice from one lime
- Cook rice by bringing 1 1/2 cups water to a boil and adding rice, salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to a simmer, cover pot and cook until done, about 15 minutes. (See note below for all you Instant Pot users!)
- Add one tablespoon sesame seeds, sesame oil and the lime juice to the cooked rice and stir.
- Garnish with remaining sesame seeds and lime zest and serve!
I love cooking rice in my Instant Pot! Here’s a link for making it right in the Instant pot, and I also love this “pot-in-pot method – it’s my favorite way to cook rice.