This easy recipe for sausage hash with poached eggs is the perfect breakfast or brunch, and you can vary the sausage to spice it up your way!
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces cooked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch dice (see note)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Four eggs, poached or soft boiled and peeled (see note)
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in potatoes and onions and saute for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausage and a pinch each of salt and pepper and saute another 5-10 minutes until potatoes are brown. Season to taste with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide among four dishes and top each with a poached or soft boiled egg. Break the egg so the yolk spills into the hash. Breathe deeply and dig in.
You can vary the spiciness of this dish by using anything from andouille or chorizo sausage (spicy!) to kielbasa (mild) depending on your taste.
Poaching eggs is SO easy! Click here for my tried and true method.