This easy recipe for a broccoli cheese and egg baked potato is going to be your new speedy lunch and suppertime favorite!
- 1 Idaho potato, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, either poached or fried (see note)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Prick the potato several times with fork and microwave until cooked through, about 8 minutes on full power.
- Steam broccoli, or microwave for 3-5 minutes with a little water until crisp-tender.
- Poach or fry one egg.
- Split potato open and fluff insides with fork. Spread butter over top and season with salt and pepper. Arrange broccoli over top of potato and scatter cheese over broccoli. Microwave for 1 minute until cheese is just melting.
- Place egg on top and break yolk so it spreads over all. Grind pepper over top and serve immediately.
We love this recipe best with poached eggs, and click here for my foolproof recipe for poaching a perfect egg every time! But if you are more of a fried egg person, go for it! And click here for my method for making perfect fried eggs.