This easy recipe for blue cheese cauliflower pear soup is the perfect mix of creamy, salty and just a little sweet!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 pears (any variety), cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3–4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onions and stir until they are getting tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pears, cauliflower and broth and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using a standard blender or an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Stir in almost all of the cheese, saving some back for garnish, and stir until melted.
- Ladle out into warm bowls, garnish with the rest of the cheese and the fresh thyme and serve!4