This easy recipe for blue cheese cauliflower pear soup is the perfect mix of dreamy, creamy, salty and just a little sweet! And without one drop of cream in it, it’s magical! A perfect lunch or light supper.
As you might be able to tell from the title, this recipe for blue cheese cauliflower pear soup came about as many of my recipes do, from gazing into my fridge at the various and sundry ingredients I had lounging around, and figuring out how to put them all together. And as it turns out, blue cheese, cauliflower and pear are best friends when it comes to soup. A little sweet, a little salty, a lot of creamy, all with zero cream!
Now, ordinarily this is the part where I would show you my very favorite picture of a cauliflower, but OH NO. Not this time. As we await the official wedding photographer’s pictures, I am luxuriating in all the fabulous shots my dear friends and family are sending me. Like this one her sweet maid of honor took of her coming down our stairs before the ceremony…
…and this one of my sweet nephew escorting my mama down the aisle…isn’t she beautiful?
…and this one of my new son-in-law dancing with his mama. My heart!
I was so glad someone thought to send me a picture of the beautiful tables, because even though I am sure I sat at one of them, it is all a happy blur.
And last but not least, here’s a shot I got yesterday from themselves. Ladies and gentlemen…The Honeymooners!
Ah, young love! I have taught myself how to use SnapChat PURELY to get a glimpse of the amazing time they are having. And when I say “taught,” I use that word loosely. HA.
This easy recipe for blue cheese cauliflower pear soup is the perfect mix of dreamy, creamy, salty and just a little sweet! And without one drop of cream in it, it's magical! A perfect lunch or light supper.Back at the soup, You are going to sauté a little sweet onion in butter, and then simmer them up with chopped pears, cauliflower ranch chicken broth. Blend it all up in your blender (or even better, an immersion blender that will blend it right in the pot!). You can find both of these nifty gadgets in my new little store by clicking here.
Once things are nice and creamy, stir in the cheese until it is melted and then ladle it out into bowls, sprinkling on some fresh thyme for even more flavor.
I’m now going to check SnapChat again. Love and happy mother-in-law kisses!
Want to round out your meal? This recipe pairs well with...
This easy recipe for blue cheese cauliflower pear soup is the perfect mix of creamy, salty and just a little sweet!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 pears (any variety), cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3–4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onions and stir until they are getting tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pears, cauliflower and broth and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using a standard blender or an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Stir in almost all of the cheese, saving some back for garnish, and stir until melted.
- Ladle out into warm bowls, garnish with the rest of the cheese and the fresh thyme and serve!4