This easy recipe for a skillet chocolate chip cookie bakes your favorite treat into one giant cookie, perfect for slicing up and topping with ice cream!
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Ice cream! (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- Beat butter and both sugars with a mixer until fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to skillet and press until it covers the whole skillet bottom. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes and then cut into wedges and serve, with or without your favorite ice cream!