This recipe for easy crispy spiral fries is a perfect side dish for your favorite burger or hot dog suppers. Grab your spiralizer and make some today!
- 2 Idaho or Russet potatoes
- Canola oil for frying
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Scrub potatoes well (no need to peel) and cut them into thin spirals with your spiralizer (see note). If the spirals get very long, snip them into shorter lengths with a scissors.
- Line a cookie sheet with paper towels.
- Fill a Dutch oven or other heavy pot with 3-4 inches of canola oil and heat over high heat. When the oil is hot (we are looking for about 350 degrees if you want to get precise, but otherwise just let it heat for about 5 minutes and you should be good), lower the potatoes into the oil with a large slotted spoon or spider. Fry until golden and then remove them to the lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle them with salt and pepper and serve as soon as possible. Watch out for eager spiral fry eaters who will try and steal some on the way to the table.