Shrimp, coconut, tomato and rice…it’s warm and wonderful coconut shrimp risotto! This easy seafood recipe taste like supper in the tropics.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup diced canned tomato
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in medium pot over medium-high heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of wine and boil, stirring once or twice, until mixture is just about dry. Add the cup of water and repeat, stirring once or twice. Add half the coconut milk and cook, stirring just enough to keep the rice from sticking, until it is just about gone. Add remaining coconut milk and repeat.
- The rice should be almost tender at this point — if it needs more cooking add another 1/2 cup of wine or water and cook until absorbed.; Stir in tomato, shrimp and red pepper and cook until shrimp is cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in shredded coconut.
- Ladle portions onto plates and scatter parsley over the top of each. Decide that this is your new favorite risotto!