This easy recipe for loaded potato soup is a comfort food soup recipe that is like your favorite mashed potatoes with all the toppings, but in a bowl!
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Put potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain and mash roughly with a potato masher. Set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, milk and flour in the same pot and whisk until combined. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the potatoes and the sour cream. Puree right in the pot if you have an immersion blender, or pour everything into a standard blender and puree. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with bacon, cheese and scallions and serve immediately.