This easy recipe for lemon buttered chicken and rice adds a creamy lemon flavor to this classic comfort food supper. Perfect for leftover chicken!
- 2 chicken breasts on the bone
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Grated zest of one lemon
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups of rice, cooked according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 375. Rub chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, and roast for about 45-50 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove meat from the bone, tearing into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, chicken broth and pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add cream and cook, without boiling, until sauce is hot. Add chicken and cook until warmed through.
- Place a generous spoonful of rice in the center of each plate, spoon chicken and sauce on top and garnish with parsley. Serve at once.
If you have leftover chicken, you can skip the first step – just tear it into bite-sized pieces and proceed to step 2!