This easy recipe for creamy mustard crab pasta is perfect for your next dinner party, and also comes together in a snap for a quick weeknight supper.
- 8 ounces short pasta (I used campanelle, but penne would work just as well)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions in heavily salted water. Drain and transfer to a large deep skillet.
- Mix the mustards with the sour cream.
- Add the butter and sour cream mixture to the pasta and toss over medium heat until everything is melted and combined.
- Add the crabmeat and scallions and stir until heated through.Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide among heated plates and garnish with parsley and a little more fresh pepper.
This is a nice rich dish so I usually serve up a little less than the usual pasta recipe. If you have big appetites at your table you might want to offer up a side salad and some warm bread on the side!